Monday, November 15, 2010

Weekend BLAST!

I had an awesome weekend in Virginia.  The 9 hour(ish) round trip was completely worth it.  Below is the weekend breakdown:

Thursday Night:  Packed and played Super Nintendo (yeah I still got one of those).

Friday:  I slept way longer then intended this morning.  I woke up at 10:45 am!  That is a record for me.  My husband and I got dressed and went to Moe's Hotdog House on Washington Avenue in South Philadelphia.  I had the fried flounder with fries and Jimmy had the cheese steak hoagie with onion rings and a strawberry milkshake.  It was delicious!!!!  I highly recommend getting lunch or breakfast there.  I got an oil change at the quick lube and went home to clean my windshields and windows since my dogs have managed to muck them up with their wet noses and drool. 

I played Yoshi's Island for a bit and Jimmy got ready to go to work for a delivery.  I packed up my itty bitty bag and started dinner.  My brother-in-law dropped my big sister off and we ate the yummy pan-fried chicken with mixed vegetables and white rice that I whipped up in 30 minutes :)  Then we packed the car and headed on down around 7 pm.  We arrived at our destination 276 miles later just over 4-1/2 hours.  We hung out with my best friend in the universe Heather and her awesome husband who brought home mozzarella fries for us(YUM!).  We watched Discovery Health (100 Orgasms, The Woman with 15 Personalities, and a few episodes of Mystery Diagnosis).  We were up until roughly 3 am watching these odd shows.

Saturday:  I woke up around 7 am when I heard my cousin's great dane moving around in the bedroom down the hall (he is a giant lovable friendly beast).  She had to take him out to do his business so he walked over to say good morning.  We actually got up and started moving around 10 am. 


He is HUGE!!!!!!

We texted our other cousin Jessica (Heart on Homestead) to come over and hang out.  Of course she shows up showered with make-up done and hair done as we all sat there like slobs because we hadn't really moved to far from the couch.  We started the shower train, one in one out, one in one out, one in one out and we were ready to go!  We dropped off my Slumber Party equipment at the 3020 and went to lunch at Chili's.  The bacon cheese burger was kickass and I was ridiculously full.  We popped over to Kohl's for some shopping and left with 1 pair of black tights.  We made it back tot he 3020 in time to set up for the soultry girls night out.  They had an astounding number of ladies show up, the head count was somewhere between 35 and 42.  It was an extremely successfull party and I think the ladies all had a blast.  We made it back to Heather's house after mindnight completely drained of energy and headed straight for bed.

Sunday:  We woke up realatively early given the late night, 9:30 am.  We decided the 4 of us (my sister, our 2 coucins and myself) would go out to breakfast so we ended up at the Cracker Barrell.  It was my first trip the this resturant and probably my last, damn my pickey eating.  But we had a great time laughing and talking about whatever random things that came to our minds.  The worse part of the trip was leaving :(  We all hate that we never to see each other on a daily basis so we have come to the decision that every 3 months we will make the trip the other ones house <insert overwhelming happy face!>.  I can't wait for the next visit/trip!